There are many wedding photographers out there and picking one that will deliver according to your expectations can be a daunting task. After all so much is at stake and you want pictures that you will hold dear for a lifetime. We have a quick coffee with wedding photography specialists Flgroe Studios in Mumbai to hear their tips on finding that perfect wedding photographer-
1. Decide your style – What kind of pictures appeal most to you? Is candid / documentary your style? Or do you like portraiture – more classic style of photography where subjects are posed? Do you want something conventional? Would you let the photographer experiment with fine art? There are no rights or wrongs, just individual preferences.
2. Do your market research – There are literally hundreds of photographers out there. Look at local listings, social media and ask around! Don’t just go with a reference from one source. Carry out your own investigation. Check their social media accounts to see what they’ve been working on lately. Read feedback on their posts.
3. Fix interviews – You and your potential photographer need to meet at least once before finalization. This benefits both parties as they develop an understanding of each other and expectations for the outcome are set.
4. Ask to see complete wedding albums – Making your decision based on viewing one stellar image each from different weddings is a very dangerous idea. Look for a photographer that displays complete albums on their website. Or ask to see at least a few albums if not so.
5. Review pictures carefully – Look past what the bride is wearing or how beautiful the décor is. Look into the quality of the image. Are subjects adequately lit? Is the focus proper? Has the photographer made use of ‘filters’ to cover up any shortfalls?
6. Make sure you are compatible with your photographer – you should be able to openly communicate with your photographer. You should also feel free enough to pose for the camera with them. This is not the time to hesitate.
7. Compare packages – ask the photographers you have shortlisted to send you quotations for the complete coverage of your wedding events. Insist on breakdowns to see if you can adjust the quote by adjusting your requirements. While comparing the lump sum quotes, do ask the photographer who has quoted more about what they are offering in addition to the other wedding photographer.
8. Discuss the fine print – This will usually be a set standard for any photographer. But make sure you know what are the various deliverables and the due dates.
-Special thanks to Flgroe Studios, Mumbai.